Add events to the DWeb Calendar
The DWeb Calendar is meant to be a shared resource for DWeb-related events in Vancouver.
The definition is pretty broad! We want to help get the word out about great events. Some examples include:
- Tech events: the emerging decentralized web is built on tech and protocols that we're creating together
- Open source, Co-op, collaboration: open source code & data, co-operative models, and collaborative way of working
- Art, Makers, & Creative Technologists: art & creativity should be supported by our community
- Socials: mixers and networking related to the people and themes listed here
- Virtual events that are related to DWeb: for example, the monthly virtual DWeb event run by the DWeb SF HQ.
Read about the DWeb Principles to see how your event is a fit.
Go to the Calendar page
Find out more about the Luma
The button will say "Add Event" if you're a Calendar Admin.
Create or add an existing Luma event
TODO: Add screenshots or doc link to creating a Luma event
Note: make your Luma event unlisted while you're confirming date and/or venue.
Add Event on External Platform
If you already have an event page on Meetup, Eventbrite, or some other platform, you can add it to the calendar by including some basic links.
- Event Page URL: the link to the registration page
- Event Name: name of the event
- Event Location: type in "The Permanent Library Limited" if you're hosting at The Permanent, which will fill in the address of 330 W Pender.
- Host: Your name or the hosting organization
- Event Time: it will default to the current time, so make sure you enter when the event actually is
That's it, submit the event! The calendar moderators will get notified and review your event.
- You'll need to create a free Luma account in order to add an event, including for submitting an external event.